Out of stock
** Levanic 500 (Levofloxacin 500 mg) 7 Film-coated Tablets. Broad-spectrum Quinolone Antibiotic.
Each film-coated tablet contains:
Levofloxacin Hemihydrate 512,46 mg
equivalent to Levofloxacin 500 mg
** Indications and dosage:
# Levanic 500 mg tablet is used for the treatment of infections caused by levofloxacin-sensitive bacteria in adults:
– Sinusitis: 1 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 10-14 days.
– Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis: 1 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 7 days.
– Pneumonia: 1 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 7-14 days.
– Uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections:1 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 7-14 days.
– Complicated skin and soft tissue infections:1 1/2& tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 7-14 days.
– Uncomplicated urinary tract infections (UTI): 1/2 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 3 days.
– Complicated urinary tract infections (UTI): 1/2 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 10 days.
– Prostatitis: 1 tablet Levanic 500 mg once daily for 28 days.
# The tablets are taken with sufficient liquid, preferably with meals. For dosage adjustment, the tablets can be broken at the score line. As with other antibacterial agents, treatment with Levanic 500 mg tablets should be continued for at least 48 to 72 hours after body temperature has returned to normal or the pathogens have been demonstrably eradicated.
# Renal impairment:
Creatinine clearance 20-49 mL/min.: administer 250 mg every 24 hours.
Creatinine clearance 10-19 mL/min.: administer 250 mg every 48 hours.
# Hepatic insufficiency: Due to the limited extent of levofloxacin metabolism in liver, the pharmacokinetics of levofloxacin are not expected to be affected by hepatic impairment.
Hypersensitivty to any of the components or to other quinolones.
– Pregnancy: Category C, avoid use in pregnant women unless the benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
– Lactation: Use during lactation should be avoided, if possible.
– Use is not recommended under 18 years of age.
** Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees C, in a dry place.
Keep out of reach of children.
Out of stock